Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
- Improve age spots and black heads.
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
After your treatment you will be temporarily pink but fully recovered within 24 hours. It doesn’t require surgery or anesthetics. That may help people who cannot take “down time” for healing.